• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 PPG Pittsburgh Paint

Olpa77

I just refinished my M105A2. It was painted tan but wanted it to match my truck. I followed the paint TM the best I could. I used "Pittsburgh Ultra Paint & Primer in one" exterior flat from Menard's. I let it sit for 48 hours before removing the masking tape over the bumper numbers. When I pulled the tape off it seemed the surrounding paint wanted to come off with it. The paint is still soft after sitting in dry and hot temps. I hope it holds well, the can says lifetime warranty and is ok for use on metal. :lol: I sand blasted it and did some minor body filler work, I left some of the bullet holes alone. I primed it, applied spray on paintable bedliner inside, then painted the whole thing matching 383 green, then black followed by matching 383 brown patterns. This is my first project and I just free handed the camo pattern the best I could with my spray gun. What do you guys think? Be honest! When I go to paint the tarp do I prime it or just paint right onto the bare tarp? With time I'll let everyone know how the Pittsburgh paint holds up.
IMG_20140731_184457507.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg

ducer

It looks like crap! It would look much better hooked to the back of my deuce in my yard! :lol:

Seriously man, you did a good job! It looks great.

Denny

Olpa77

Thanks all. I'll have to post pics in better light after I get the tarp done. Honest comments can only help one improve their selves. If some thing looks like poop don't sugar coat it. Ducer LOL! Your deuce would look good in my yard hooked to it!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks