• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 With 12.00 x 16.5 1061 Tire Photos?

SteveKuhn

I've seen a lot of the posts on making this swap but I can't seem to locate any photos. Could someone post some or point me in the right direction to find them?

And if someone knows the 1061 rim width for tire mounting, that would be great.

Wondering about downsizing tires to something like 9.50 x 16.5 when change time comes.

Thanks.

Steve

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

Wow! I looked at that thread and completely missed the wheel type. For some reason I took them as civvy replacements. Didn't note the bolt pattern.

Now to find out about alternative tires, tubes, etc.

Thanks.

Steve

CommoChief

Steve,

Kublos just got new rims in for that purpose. Kenny can
hook you up.

Bill

Wow! I looked at that thread and completely missed the wheel type. For some reason I took them as civvy replacements. Didn't note the bolt pattern.

Now to find out about alternative tires, tubes, etc.

Thanks.

Steve

SteveKuhn

Thanks. Kenny and I were in touch yesterday. As you said, he has rims only. I'm fishing around now for info on what other tires can be safely mounted on them, and then trying to figure out if there is any savings in height or $ to make it worthwhile.

Gunzy, it is an odd look due to the heavy suspension. Imagine how much weight you'd need to load to get those fenders down to an uncomfortable clearance.

I've been playing with numbers and it seems you can put an electric brake actuator and these tires or an electric brake trailer axle on it for less than you can touch an M101a2/a3. There's a weight penalty but a cargo volume/square foot payoff.

Steve

SteveKuhn

The HMMV rims would raise it and I want lower. I haven't found a clear statement, but I'm starting to think that all 16.5 tires and rims are interchangeable. I had a pair of Ford 16.5" on 8 lug pickup rims a while back. I just don't know the 1061 rim at all.

Thanks.

Steve

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HMMV rims would raise it and I want lower. I haven't found a clear statement, but I'm starting to think that all 16.5 tires and rims are interchangeable. I had a pair of Ford 16.5" on 8 lug pickup rims a while back. I just don't know the 1061 rim at all.

Thanks.

Steve
Gm used a smaller center hole than Ford bolt pattern was the same. Ford rims will fit #7000 Dexter 8 lug axles.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A 900X20 ndcc should be 40.3" tall and HMMWV tires are 36" or 37" and a 12-16.5 which comes on the booster or M1061 trailer (Wheel shown in the other thread) is 32.8 inches tall.

SteveKuhn

I actually used those Ford rims briefly on my 101 and my buddy has them now on his M116a3 frame. As for the heights, got it. I guess all the 16.5s are the same when it comes to sealing on the rim (can't remember the term.)

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks