• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A3 smaller wheel size question?

wacly12

Hello all Newbie to the world of surplus vehicles. I got my hands on a M105A3 trailer and have a wheel question. I like the standard 22.5" wheels but to make it easier for my friends to tow is there any place to purchase smaller wheels? I have read post on 12.5 x 16 but I thought maybe a 17 or 18 inch would be nice. My tow vehicle is an 06 silverado 2500. Pulls trailer nicely. Thanks for any help out there.

wcuhillbilly

Buddy of mine had this problem some years ago with the military mechanic trailer (same class as the M105 trailer), he ultimatly got tired of changing the rings/split rims and constantly hunting military tires. So he dropped the trailer axle and some of the leaves, swung a 14b FF (14 bolt Full Floating axle) from a 1 ton GM under it... He then ran 16" wheels and tires that fit his truck and now his trailer.... being poor usually invokes either genius or stupidity......