• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M107 Question

mckeeranger

Does anyone know what the bracket welded on the front of the M107 tank is for?

I've looked through the TMs and searched the website and can't find anything but a picture of it.

It's not important, I would just like to know.

Attachments

mckeeranger

It mite be for the same thing as the 4 1"sq. holes in the M105 beds:p
OT!

A friend of mine was an electrician on an aircraft carrier. The commander of the carrier was on a tour of the ship one day and saw a hole in some big control panel. (modular panel) He told them to "plug that hole", and that he "didn't care what they put in it."

So they built a little panel with two lights and a switch. If the switch was in the middle, the lights were off. If the switch was one way, they flashed together, and if it was the other way they oscillated. They gave it a part number, and wrote a couple of pages of procedure to go with it.

If you were doing (whatever, insert something here) you put the switch to the left. If you were doing (whatever, insert something else here) you put the switch to the right. Otherwise you left it in the middle.

When he was telling me about it he said he always wondered how many sailors moved to another carrier and looked for that panel. He also wondered how many of them got yelled at because the people at the new ship didn't have a clue what the sailor was talking about and figured he didn't either. :twisted:

Maybe the bracket on the M107 and the holes in the M105 are something like that?

ida34

I may be wrong, but the placement would be a good spot for a support bracket for the chiller mechanism that some of them had. I know we had one and it was never installed.

mckeeranger

I may be wrong, but the placement would be a good spot for a support bracket for the chiller mechanism that some of them had. I know we had one and it was never installed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've been following that lead but can't find much on it. I did find a mention of a "small mobile water chiller" in technical bulletin TB MED 577.

I don't know why that bracket bothers me, it's really not that big a deal.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks