• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 couldn't do it, had to call up an M816 to help

Wow, Good math! You about nailed it. Regarding the Bayliner, we just sold our old 4588. Maybe the same model boat that you had? It had thrifty fuel sipping Hinos in it. I can't tell you how many times my wife said that she wished we were doing the trip in it instead. BTW, we sold the Bayliner to a retired couple who are going to do the "Great Loop" in it. 7000 miles. They've done it before in a sail boat and wanted something a little roomier and faster. Now that's a trip!

DrillerSurplus

Wow, Good math! You about nailed it. Regarding the Bayliner, we just sold our old 4588. Maybe the same model boat that you had? It had thrifty fuel sipping Hinos in it. I can't tell you how many times my wife said that she wished we were doing the trip in it instead. BTW, we sold the Bayliner to a retired couple who are going to do the "Great Loop" in it. 7000 miles. They've done it before in a sail boat and wanted something a little roomier and faster. Now that's a trip!

It was a 4588! We had a time share for two weeks/year for 3 years. With the time share we didn't have to deal with any of the upkeep & logistics. We enjoyed it a lot, mostly played around in the San Juan islands by Seattle. We gave it up when we got lucky and had another baby, but I'm moving towards retirement now and daydreaming about a slow trip up the inland passage to Alaska.

That's a fantastic trip. We did it on a cruise ship. Way up in Glacier Bay National Park we were the only boat there except for a 4588 Bayliner.

DrillerSurplus

I did it a couple of times (once each direction) on the state ferry when I worked up in Alaska, that's what got me hooked. I don't know if it is still allowed, but both times were in the "sleep on deck" mode with a pretty interesting group of fellow travelers. I've always wanted to do the Skagway to Whitehorse train trip. I thought I had lost the opportunity when they closed it for a few years in the 1980's, but it has been running again now for 20+ years.

m715mike

I just spent a bunch of time trying to find this old thread, so I'm bumping it back to the top. If you haven't seen it before, I hope you enjoy the M1070 / boat pictures!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks