• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 dual gauge installation question

Hawssie

My M1070 has the original design older one piece combination speedo/tach gauge w/out hour meter, instead of the more typical and updated separate speedo tach gauges. Well, I came across a new panel with the separate gauges and would like to use it in mine. But when I got it and was able to see how it works, I noticed these newer gauges use electronic inputs for the speedo and tach while mine is cable driven. Does anyone know if my DDEC III/1V engine is set up to run these gauges or is there extra add on pick ups/sending units needed to run the newer style gauges. I cant seem to find any useful info in the manuals and the only wiring diagrams I find online are to small to actually read which is really frustrating. I did read somewhere in the engine diagnosis section that with the pro link 9000 scan tool you can read the mph and of course rpm so it seems that the engine electronics may already have electronic the outputs but whether they can and/or how they can be tapped into for these gauges I do not know. Does anyone know what it would take to fire these gauges up?

Attachments

Hawssie

Really! What does the instructions say about the install as regards to sensors? I assume it must come in a kit form, can you give me an idea what steps and what is required to do the install? I am disabled for a while right now but I did talk someone into taking a picture at the speedo cable to transfer case and it already has a electronic pick up inline for either the trans or engine computers but as I have said mine still has a cable going up to the gauge so hopefully I will be able to use the current speedo pick up for the new style gauge, Any help would be appreciated

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks