• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 HET Speedometer Quit Working -Assistance please

Mspike

I took out the M1070 for a cruise and my speedometer crapped out. I have the dual gauge dash cluster and have noticed that utilizes an electronic speedo. Does anyone have any experience with these or know where I can get my hands on a wire diagram so that I can check the connections? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hummermark

Hi have the same fault if you have the tm 9-2320-360-20-1 go to page 2-616 there is a good flow fault finding for speedo wiring but it does not tell you how to check speedo or the Woodward signal generator on the transfer case part no sa-3648.all my wiring check out as manual so it says replace speedo then if that does not work replace signal gen. If you do not have manual then go to liberated manuals that's what I did. Woodward UK can get me the signal generator its $150 trying to get a speedo as well which is AMETEK part no 3359556.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mspike I am not familiar with the 1070 yet but when you say it had a dual gauge dash cluster are you saying it has the tach and speedo in one unit? Is it a tachograph? If it is I may be able to offer you some further information. If it is in fact an ELECTRONIC Tachograph PM me and I may be able to help!

Karl

Sandog

I took out the M1070 for a cruise and my speedometer crapped out. I have the dual gauge dash cluster and have noticed that utilizes an electronic speedo. Does anyone have any experience with these or know where I can get my hands on a wire diagram so that I can check the connections? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What was the fix?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've had the issue on 3 HETs. It's always been the speedometer gauge itself

You simply test the sending unit by putting the transfer case in neutral and using a test light to see the pulse at the unit on the transfer case.

Sandog

You simply test the sending unit by putting the transfer case in neutral and using a test light to see the pulse at the unit on the transfer case.
Where do you get a new speedometer? And what do you do about the mileage? I’m selling mine and don’t really want to p

Sandog

Where do you get a new speedometer? And what do you do about the mileage? I’m selling mine and don’t really want to p
Put it at zero. Also when I tap on the needle moves a tiny bit. And it registered 2 /10 of a mile last time I drove it

Sandog

Qu

[/QUOTE Question. Cay you hook the tach/hour meter combo up to a battery charger to make sure the hour meter works? I can’t find any wiring diagram for the Ametek/dixson