• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 Stalling problem

HanksDeuce

Just for future searchers of the forum would you mind stating how much that replacement computer cost you? Could you share the Wisconsin vendor to ship the computer to? Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you got your M1070 back on the road.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1070 on the road again. After banging my head on the truck repeatedly, I wised up and towed it to a fellow I know who has computers that can hookup to the DDEC. What was throwing everybody is it would start and run then shut off after about 20 to 30 minutes. The computer was taken off and checked for corrosion underneath. The wires were all checked for proper ground etc. Then the computer finally wouldn't talk to the laptop. They as well as I thought it was the computer. Although these computers usually just die and not repeatedly come back to life to mess with you. I was able to find the parts supplier and repair facility for the HET in Wisconsin. I sent them my computer and they confirmed that it was dead. I was able to get one from them and It arrived here Friday. We installed it and I was able to drive it without alarms buzzing and it dying. It was a nice experience. No it was a freaking over the top great experience!!!!!. So its fixed and it was the computer. It goes to its first veterans fundraiser on Thursday. :p.
So the $64000 question - How much was the new computer?

Rick007

The parts supplier to Oshkosh and repair facility is Inland Power Group in Butler Wisconsin. They are the Detroit supplier. I want to tell you that these are some of the nicest people Ive had to deal with when finding support on something that is different. I talked to Ray in parts. By far one of the most caring individuals Ive talked to on the phone. He was very helpful. I sent my computer to them. A fellow by the name of Chip called me to tell me it was bad shortly after they received it. They had a computer in stock and Chip programed it for the HET. I had it back on Thursday the following week. I don't know if its just the people in the Midwest or these guys but they provided great service and they cared. I will support these guys with future parts purchases when I need them. (Hopefully I wont need anything.) yea right !!!. The cost of the computer was $1600 and something. programming $150.00. It was just under $1800. There is a $500 core charge but they already had mine. Glad to share the info.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts supplier to Oshkosh and repair facility is Inland Power Group in Butler Wisconsin. They are the Detroit supplier. I want to tell you that these are some of the nicest people Ive had to deal with when finding support on something that is different. I talked to Ray in parts. By far one of the most caring individuals Ive talked to on the phone. He was very helpful. I sent my computer to them. A fellow by the name of Chip called me to tell me it was bad shortly after they received it. They had a computer in stock and Chip programed it for the HET. I had it back on Thursday the following week. I don't know if its just the people in the Midwest or these guys but they provided great service and they cared. I will support these guys with future parts purchases when I need them. (Hopefully I wont need anything.) yea right !!!. The cost of the computer was $1600 and something. programming $150.00. It was just under $1800. There is a $500 core charge but they already had mine. Glad to share the info.
That is not too bad, considering the specificity of the end use.

Its always good to find a company like that, especially one that cares. I think a lot of times these companies regard end users like us as "more trouble than their worth."

ke5eua

That is not too bad, considering the specificity of the end use.

Its always good to find a company like that, especially one that cares. I think a lot of times these companies regard end users like us as "more trouble than their worth."
Whats even better is that they were able to get the calibration for the het.

Personally I would have had them load a more aggressive calibration in it.

Rick007

Whats even better is that they were able to get the calibration for the het.

Personally I would have had them load a more aggressive calibration in it.
Yes I asked about that. The program that they have I believe is proprietary. When the sheet of all the data came with the computer it all said N/A. we thought we got a shell of a computer that would take hours to fill in the info had it not been programmed. Chip at Inland thought he could change it but then called back and said he couldn't. For me 45 is fast enough. I go over mountains in every direction so speed is not a concern.

ke5eua

Yes I asked about that. The program that they have I believe is proprietary. When the sheet of all the data came with the computer it all said N/A. we thought we got a shell of a computer that would take hours to fill in the info had it not been programmed. Chip at Inland thought he could change it but then called back and said he couldn't. For me 45 is fast enough. I go over mountains in every direction so speed is not a concern.
True speed isn't needed, but the military tune is way underpowered imho for that engine. Now, the transmission could defiantly use a tune, stiffen the shift, prolong from 2-3 a little under load, etc.

Once you have driven them a while you know what I'm talking about, especially with 80 tons on the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks