• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 trailer air lines question

We are finally getting around to building a trailer for my m1070 to pull my boat with. I've had the truck for 6 months now and just noticed that the pigtails/gladhands are missing for service to the trailer. Not the ones at the rear frame rail, they are there. I'm referring to the ones in front of the fifth wheel plate. I know where they go, but am not sure and can't see in the TM which is which. Looking from the rear, is it emergency on the left and service on the right or vice versa? BTW, Wallace Forge in Ohio makes a nice reasonably priced 3.5" kingpin.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On tractors & trucks equipped with air brakes, the Service Line is always on the left. The Emergency Line on the right side of the vehicle. On "Civi" trailers, its the same. But on Military trailers, the Service Line is on the right, and the Emergency Line, is on the left. On your tractor, where the hoses were plumed in should be equipped that way. To check the tractor - build air & open the Tractor Protection Valve. The hot one is Emergency. If you hook them backwards on the trailer, the trailer brakes will be locked, until you set them right.

You must have a REAL boat.

I'll post photos once it is out of the water and safely on land. I don't need embarrassing video footage on AFV or on YouTube.

I know that I keep reposting. I can't seem to be able to find the delete button anywhere in the edit tab. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'll post photos once it is out of the water and safely on land. I don't need embarrassing video footage on AFV or on YouTube.

m1070 with trailer front.jpgm1070 with trailer rear.jpgI'll post photos with the boat once it is out of the water and safely on land. I don't need embarrassing video footage on AFV or on YouTube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks