• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 1998 model

R cm

I just purchased my first a M1078, someone stole the battery’s and cut all the cables coming out of the frame. Purchased 4 new battery’s wires them in . There is one cable comes from starter to battery 24 v I believe is correct. One neg cable, then the other two is the question I have were do they hook up to 12v or 24 v

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Aboard :grin:

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

I'm not familiar with your type MV - we have an M35A2 and an XM818 and a couple of trailers - but I'm sure others will be speaking up very soon.

Just wanted to extend an appropriate HOWDY to a fellow Texan.

Again, WELCOME !

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very unfortunate situation but it is repairable. Two cables in the battery box go directly to the slave receptacle. They do not need to be connected. The negative cable goes to the “shunt” under the hydraulic power unit near the spare tire. Both the 12 volt and 24 volt cables go to the polarity protection device to the right of the shunt. The polarity protection device then feeds the alternator and pdp power distribution panel both of which have voltage marked at the terminals. You MUST carefully trace out these cables and NOT GUESS lest you burn up expensive stuff.

R cm

Very unfortunate situation but it is repairable. Two cables in the battery box go directly to the slave receptacle. They do not need to be connected. The negative cable goes to the “shunt” under the hydraulic power unit near the spare tire. Both the 12 volt and 24 volt cables go to the polarity protection device to the right of the shunt. The polarity protection device then feeds the alternator and pdp power distribution panel both of which have voltage marked at the terminals. You MUST carefully trace out these cables and NOT GUESS lest you burn up expensive stuff.
Thank you I will get spare out of the way and trace a little further

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks