• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 4x4 non existent

Btwedel

Another ? If I pull the small cover on the right rear of the tcase off and hit the mode button should we be able to hear something move or cycle?

snowtrac nome

inside the t case is a differential between the front output and rear output when the t-case locks it just locks the differential with a plate like an arb or e-locker its real simple and not much to go wrong. I suspect there is an actuator problem I haven't looked at the system yet but it is likely electric over air. as for the 70/ 30 , that is achieved with weight distribution, you put enough weight in the rear you could switch it the other way. in normal operation the wheel with the least traction is going to spin.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The interaxle differential mentioned by snotrack is actuated hydraulically, there is a special solenoid for it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I thought the electrical connector on the transfer case was electric actuation for the transfer case diff lock. I could be wrong though.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the electrical connector on the transfer case was electric actuation for the transfer case diff lock. I could be wrong though.
Take a look at the schematic and correct me if I am wrong. The only circuit specific to the MD3070 is the "N" solenoid, and per the hydraulic schematic, it controls a valve and not a locking collar.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The transfer case parts diagram shows a valve body and an electric solenoid 29507452. I can't quite tell if it goes to the tcase electrical connector but it appears so. Has to be some type of electrical control that opens a fluid valve or alike when mode is engaged.

coachgeo

The transfer case parts diagram shows a valve body and an electric solenoid 29507452. I can't quite tell if it goes to the tcase electrical connector but it appears so. Has to be some type of electrical control that opens a fluid valve or alike when mode is engaged.
The question is.... is that connector's valve it opened create the process needed to reach first gear or directly or indirectly cause the clutch pack to lock up forcing it into 50/50 split at axles instead of 30/70.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks