• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Cab Parts, need some?

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As some of you may know, I just picked up a 1994 M1078. Finding cab parts and trim bits can be frustrating. I have just been able to make contact with a representative from MAN in Germany who claims he can assist us in sourcing cab only parts for the 12M18/M1078's. Steyer produced these for Stewart & Stevenson up until Oshkosh took over production if my research is correct. These german guys are keen to assist us.

I am looking for folks who are interested in participating in a little test of this new resource. If you are looking for cab parts for your M1078, please email me parts diagram pages and some text of what you are looking for to Pointman0853@yahoo.com.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Most of the little parts are in current mil inventory and can be ordered but most of it is price prohibitive unless you really need it. I had looked into ordering steyr parts at one time they were at bit cheaper in quantity but with the international shipping the price ended up being about the same. I can come up with some part numbers tomorrow and we can compare to prices I have gotten in the past maybe your guy can get better deals.

Lmtv772

Banned
George , Why don't you post the contact info of that person in Germany?
that way we don't have to bother you with any parts we may need.

Overdrive

AWESOME! Suprman...

There are all kinds of little parts I would like to have... I need some time to look them up to post pics out of the 24p.

First thing off the top of my head would be sun visors and the mounting hardware to install them... I want to put all three across the top. I just have the standard driver's...

If they have any kind of interior paneling or flooring would be interesting as well.

Thanks!
OD

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have new floor mats for the main section. Little stuff like small ctis parts hoses elbows, door parts like latch strikers, window stuff and misc switches guages can be ordered. Odd stuff like door panels and sun visors will get expensive that stuff needs to come from parts trucks. Most engine related parts are over the counter CAT. Door parts are hard the doors are worth more whole since its so hard to change out door glass its easier to swap the door itself. The windows are riveted in.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Initially, they asked that it come from me. Once they see the level of interest the may open up on an individual basis, thanks.
The requests are being funneled through the US Rep for MAN trucks, who is German.

Geo

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last call folks. Please e-mail me pics or scans of parts manual pages for the items you are looking for. I'll get these out to the MAN rep. this week and lets keep our fingers crossed!

Pointman

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Door strike 12417479-001
Door catch 12417475
Door catch 12417476
Handle TV990017
Regulator R 12417705-001
Regulator L 12417706-001
Handle 12417493-001
Handle 12417493-002

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks