• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Cold Starting & Ether?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started mine yesterday morning after having the Zerostart heater plugged in for 4 hours. 25 degrees out and it started as normal with no belching, coughing or smoke.

Feal318000

Coachgeo- yes I do still have motor oil in the tranny. Come spring, that will be my first priority job on the lmtv. I'd imagine there should be a world of difference after the fluid flush and change. To me it seems like the motor is fighting that thick oil until it thins out when it warms up.

The block heater is the way to go as far as I am concerned. I just started the truck and it is 11 degrees right now, and hardly a puff of white smoke. It fires up like it's summer. If you feel the block before starting it, you'd think it was just running. You could probably burn your hand- it's that hot.

Oski1868

Timely thread .... tried to replace the ether can this weekend. Unfortunately it was probably the original from the factory and I had to take the entire unit out. Still haven't been able to un-tread the bottle from the top of the little electric pump. Then there is the little tube going forward that of course was pretty brittle and broke quickly. Always something fun with these little beasts!

DTAN

Save the engine some stress and install a block heater. Engine will last longer.
best money spent ... cost of the block heater and electricity ...
most engine damage is done on the start up ..
I wish someone would come up with a good oil pan heater .. having the oil warm is really beneficial ...
you can put a timer on the block heater also.. to come on a couple of hours before use ... -5 here this morning ... helps with defrost...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks