• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Extraction , let the fun begin !

FloridaAKM

Good luck with your trip & be safe. Watch out for the crazy Atlanta traffic if you have to go thru there! I hated every second of that 1 1/2 hour traffic jam around Sandy Springs!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need any help Vic. Ft. Bragg, please contact me. I'm PMing you my phone number as a just in case.

Doug Roberts

oh I know what you mean there , I now have a NC Transporter plates , went through **** to get them. When I picked up my 1st truck in SC the girl at SC DMV probably did something she wasn't supposed to in giving me a 20 day paper Dealers plate. In SC I'm sure the DMV requirements are all different.

Doug Roberts

1995 LMTV from Atlanta to Chapel Hill NC

Alright , well here's what happened. I had this extraction planned pretty good I thought , but I made some mistakes , and the 1st major error ... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESCUE A VEHICLE ON A FRIDAY !!! ... well , the GL site made an exception and let me do it. I like to get a local PM and make sure everything is ok before making a journey like this , and this truck wasn't running. I was just over confident I'd get it done. When I got there Billy tried to jump it off , nothing hittin , so I called New Image Towing and Recovery ( 770-252-4392 ) and we hooked the truck up front and disconnected the drive shaft and wheeled it to Yancy CAT ( $200 ) . I had an appointment already set for em so they were looking for me but not quite sure I'd come in limping. These guys jumped on it pretty good , found the wiring harness patch loose behind the push button transmission panel ( saw that it had been replaced in 2004 ) , so that wasn't too bad , alternator was just hanging , we'll test it , just not enough time left in the day to finish it , and Yancy CAT had a company wide 100 yr celebration going on that afternoon , so I flew back home. With Mother's Day coming up ( and mom just turned 90), I'm gonna be there.

Attachments

roveroverme

Banned
Never seen a M1028 looking like that before.
I sold one time a car and the guy absolutely wanted to drive it home to where ever he flew in from. On the way home the alternator gave out and he was crying about it for ages, I mean donkeys years.
When advertising my M1028 for sale I had a bunch of peeps wanting to come and drive it home. I am not doing that anymore, I always recommend having it transported. Even though I drive the M1028 on a daily basis I would never go on a 5 state road trip while driving 55mph SMH

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks