• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 From Fort Hood Texas To Memphis TN

Ambeihl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need transport of an M1078 from fort hood in Texas to my home in Memphis TN. Any help would be much appreciated. Truck is currently not running.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
$1800 and that includes winch on by a wrecker.

Wes
901 318 8353
Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, I don't hate you now LOL. I was going for the other non runner at Ft Hood and as of today lost it twice. Yours looks like someone was trying to fix a transmission issue and gave up. I'm sure you saw the bulkhead connector disconnected at the Allison. Most of the time, the Army has a real hard time fixing these.

I forgot to welcome you to the Steelsoldiers site.

As far as transportation, any number of brokers should be able to get you a $2.00/ mile rate. Wes who posted above is highly regarded as well and gave you a great rate. Many truckers do not have the patience it takes to get on military bases. Ft Hood is highly secured due to the issues they have had. That said, your truck is sitting at LZ Phantom which is about a mile from the commercial gate. Good luck.

Ambeihl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, I don't hate you now LOL. I was going for the other non runner at Ft Hood and as of today lost it twice. Yours looks like someone was trying to fix a transmission issue and gave up. I'm sure you saw the bulkhead connector disconnected at the Allison. Most of the time, the Army has a real hard time fixing these.

As far as transportation, any number of brokers should be able to get you a $2.00/ mile rate. Wes who posted above is highly regarded as well and gave you a great rate. Many truckers do not have the patience it takes to get on military bases. Ft Hood is highly secured due to the issues they have had. That said, your truck is sitting at LZ Phantom which is about a mile from the commercial gate. Good luck.
Yes I saw that disconnected fitting I'm intrigued as to what that can be. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yes, that connector is where the WTEC controller harness connects to the Allison. Typically you disconnect it there to do impedance diagnostic testing of the transmission solenoids.

expeditionnw

Well thanks for spending my money :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well thanks for spending my money :)
I dropped out considerably under the selling price. I know first hand what it takes to fix these. I guess you PNW folks really value these LMTVs, here, they are still a $8K truck with all the bugs fixed, and yours has a crapload of issues. Good luck with it, glad it went to a Steelsoldiers member.

expeditionnw

I dropped out considerably under the selling price. I know first hand what it takes to fix these. I guess you PNW folks really value these LMTVs, here, they are still a $8K truck with all the bugs fixed, and yours has a crapload of issues. Good luck with it, glad it went to a Steelsoldiers member.
Meh, its a parts truck for me. Perhaps we are talking about a different truck. Either way, no worries.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I need transport of an M1078 from fort hood in Texas to my home in Memphis TN. Any help would be much appreciated. Truck is currently not running.
What area of memphis are you in? I may be able to come down on the price i posted depending on what their pickup schedule is and if i can get something that needs a ride that far south.

Ambeihl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What area of memphis are you in? I may be able to come down on the price i posted depending on what their pickup schedule is and if i can get something that needs a ride that far south.

The specific address it will be dropped off is 1081 Thomas Street Memphis TN 38127. It's a storage facility that i will be keeping it at till I get it running and can drive it up my complicated driveway. The storage location is just a big open field that has a fence and gate so it could be dropped off anywhere in the field. I don't want my driveway to impede the drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks