• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 front axle: under pressure when ctis is inflating? SOLVED

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello guys.
Sorry to bother you, but I have a question about ctis and the front axle.
I rebuild my front axle due ctis seals replacement. it should not be the reason, but now if I power on the ctis and the system is pressurized, the front axle and differential is also under pressure and air vents out from the vent plug. it takes around 10 minutes after ctis stops that axle is at ambient pressure again.
Air came out from the small tube near the differential. What is strange is that I never hear air coming out from the vent plug behind the cabin.
It's normal?

Christian

Ronmar

Each hub has a vent line and those two tie together and back to the main/center axle housing. It is the inboard fitting on my axle. The T fitting is on the inside of the passenger frame rail on mine, you can use that fitting to determine which lines run to the vent ports on the hub. The other hose from the axle runs up to the vent. If y0u are not getting any air there, perhaps that wobble cap on the end is fouled, or the line is somehow kinked or damaged… Youshould be able to disconnect the vent line at the axle and blow air easily thru that line and out the vent cap… You could disconnect the hub vent lines at the hubs and see if the air is coming from one or both of the hubs. Sounds like at least one of the seals didn’t take…

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you sir!
Indeed probably was the outside ctis seal leaking. Even if it was brand new it was 0,4mm larger than others. probably this was way too much to close when on pressure.
Tomorrow I will finish mounting the hub and let you know!
Thank you again!
Christian

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank to Ronmar I figured out that a CTIS seal (new one) for some reason was loosing air when under pressure. The ctis seals have 2 lips, one on each side. I measured the lip on the air side andit was 0.015 bigger than another spare seal. Remounted everything and now works again.
If you do a hub maintenance check before you install spider gears etc. your ctis. I mounted the wheel and ctis and only when no air is pushed though the bearing the seal is fine.

Christian

coachgeo

Thank to Ronmar I figured out that a CTIS seal (new one) for some reason was loosing air when under pressure. The ctis seals have 2 lips, one on each side. I measured the lip on the air side andit was 0.015 bigger than another spare seal. Remounted everything and now works again.
If you do a hub maintenance check before you install spider gears etc. your ctis. I mounted the wheel and ctis and only when no air is pushed though the bearing the seal is fine.

Christian
did you remount with new seal? flip the previous seal around so bigger was to inside.... orrrrrr??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks