• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 larger tires

Digger440

Sean Fillner put 14r20s and had to modify the tire carrier by bending the rood a bit.
16r20 is 53" dia vs 46" for stock tires. I think it would need a complete redesign!

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

I saw a thread on page 5 or 6 breifly at work before I posted. Looking at the pictures I now see he removed the steps and fenders.

Read twice, post once.

coachgeo

I saw a thread on page 5 or 6 breifly at work before I posted. Looking at the pictures I now see he removed the steps and fenders.

Read twice, post once.
you dont need to do anything with 14.0R20 beside put them on, but they are more expensive that 16.0r20. With them; yes you have to deal with clearance issues.

Again; as you might guess though...... this is common question... and is discussed in hundreds of threads to ad nauseam. The good hearted; very knowledgeable, folk who tend to answer questions with much insight realllly get burned out by answering the same questions over and over and tend to slowly stop participating. We need them around for their insights.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you dont need to do anything with 14.0R20 beside put them on, but they are more expensive that 16.0r20. With them; yes you have to deal with clearance issues.

Again; as you might guess though...... this is common question... and is discussed in hundreds of threads to ad nauseam. The good hearted; very knowledgeable, folk who tend to answer questions with much insight realllly get burned out by answering the same questions over and over and tend to slowly stop participating. We need them around for their insights.

This needs to be a part of the sign-up process for new members, and maybe a bi-annual refresher for us longer active members.

Gabe.ruesswick

Is it possible to fit 1600R20 on a stock M1078 and would it fit in the tire carrier?
yes they fit, you'll rub on body mounts. no they're no where close to fitting into the spare tire carrier. the main thing is why, other than the fact that they look badass they don't offer much gains, you'll be able to cruise comfortably at around 63 without swapping gears but I believe all the 16.00 have a speed rating of 55 mph.

Gabe.ruesswick

Is it possible to fit 1600R20 on a stock M1078 and would it fit in the tire carrier?
there's a vid of 1600 on a fmtv and the guy in the vid is really giving er, notice the removal of the front fender flares.

first time uploading pictures so sorry if they're not the right size or anything.

Attachments