• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Leaf Spring bushings

markgjsquires

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a trip with some excessive vibration I went through all my grease points and noticed practically all the rubber bushings are gone. I was able to order the bushings for the rear sway bar through gentleman on here but I’ve been trying to source replacements for the leaf spring to shackle mounts and have been having nil for luck just wanted to try to reach out if anyone’s had the same issue and what possible solutions are. I’m hoping I don’t have to remove the leaf springs and get new ones pressed in but if that’s what it is then I’ll get the 8 foot pry bar out and get ready to run through some swear words. I’ve also noticed some replacement ones have 4 leaves but all mine are 3. Perhaps since it’s a 1996 that’s what they had as opposed to the newer ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

MrMikey4026

I think you will find they have bronze bushings.
They don't wear out often, and they are greaseable.
So, I don't really think that is you issue.
Any truck spring shop can rebush them for you.
Swaybar bushings seem to get lost, stolen or just fall apart.

ramdough

I think you will find they have bronze bushings.
They don't wear out often, and they are greaseable.
So, I don't really think that is you issue.
Any truck spring shop can rebush them for you.
Swaybar bushings seem to get lost, stolen or just fall apart.
[mention]Awesomeness [/mention] sells new greaseable bushings. Just search for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

[mention]Awesomeness [/mention] sells new greaseable bushings. Just search for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he sells sway bar bushings... not leaf spring bushings......... OP already stated he replaced sway bar bushings (likely from Awesomeness)... but I get it.... its easy to get lost in a thread and forget what was said to have been done already.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks