• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 LMTV Cab raising

LOBOdad

Looking for advise on how to raise the cab manually? Before fuel issue (does not start) cab raised on air hydra with no problem. attempted to raise with manual pump and lifted 1/2 an inch. Does the pin need to be pushed in and if so how? also the manual shows a different hydraulic reservoir on the port side with gauge that I do not have. I do have what I believe to be a reservoir on the port & starboard side w a rubber cap.??? Any advise on how to lift cab to get into the cat 3116 to service fuel issue would greatly be appreciated. Thank You for your time reading my request.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fill the air system from the front emergency glad hand so you can use the air driven pump again.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the ram is locked the hand pump won't work.
If your operating the hand jack and it feels like it's under pressure and won't jack up,then the ram is locked.

Switch it over to spare tire and try raising it.
If it works then the cab ram is locked.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reservoir shown in the manual on the driver's side is for the winch, not the cab lift, tire lift, or suspension restraint (for air transport). The reservoir for the cab lift (and others I mentioned) is on top, behind the cab, between the spare tire and air snorkel. It's about the size of a shoe box.

You can raise the cab with the manual pump. (I hope you've already read this in the manual, and aren't just coming here first because you don't want to bother looking it up.) You switch the knob on the control box to cab lift, and the cab knob to raise, and then you pump the manual pump with a handle (or pipe). I think it takes about 100-200 pumps to fully raise or lower it.

Duckworthe

(I hope you've already read this in the manual, and aren't just coming here first because you don't want to bother looking it up.)

Its funny how so many just refuse to look at the manual first. I'm not saying this guy didn't, but it seems to be a running theme. It's **** near a pop up picture book to fix these trucks for heavens sake. Just wish it was in pretty colors and not just black and white. Oh wait....I said black and white....Is that considered a racist comment now days!???

emndive

I'm having same issue with my LMTV. I can hear the pump pumping but it will not raise. The manual pump will not raise it either. I unbolted the 15/16 nut for the cab lock thinking the cab lock was stuck but it still will not raise. Any suggestions? is there a way to test the pump?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure try raising the spare it's on same system.
If it goes up nonthing wrong with pump.
Make sure slector knobs are in correct positions.

emndive

Sure, take a line off of something (e.g. cab latch), or the output line off the pump, and see if fluid comes out when you pump it.
I took off the cab latch hydro line and the fluid "dribbles" out when the pump is on. All the valves are in the correct position.

Scott z

Sorry as this will sound like an insult to your intelligence but the cab isn't pinned for transport right? (two big pins on either side down low)

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took off the cab latch hydro line and the fluid "dribbles" out when the pump is on. All the valves are in the correct position.
It should squirt out about a shotglass full with each pump, and fill a quart container in like 20 seconds of pumping. As NDT said, rebuilding the pump is probably the easiest place to start. There are instructions in the guide in my signature here (which is compiled from posts around here, which it links to as well).

emndive

Great info thank you everyone! I'm going to try flushing the system and bleeding it and see what happens from there! Tons of info on here!

emndive

flushed system. Topped off hydro fluid. Bled every line possible (within reach). Good pressure coming out of air/hydro pump. Cracked a line on cab lift piston bled that. Still unable to lift cab. It wont even move an inch. Spare tire piston wont activate either. manual pump will not lift either. Suggestions.....

just so I'm on the same page. Top control knob to the right, very bottom knob centered and push the left pneumatic valve...? Transport pins are hanging

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the air hydraulic pump is working hard, it slows way down. If it is just pumping merrily away and nothing is happening, the pump is bypassing internally. Put a gauge on it and verfy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks