• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 outer reduction

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Guess what happens when someone puts the outer needle bearing washer on the wrong side of the needle bearing?
Makes a mess! At least I found where the metal shavings on the magnet came from. Looking for some parts,
posted in the wanted section. :(

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess what happens when someone puts the outer needle bearing washer on the wrong side of the needle bearing?
Makes a mess! At least I found where the metal shavings on the magnet came from. Looking for some parts,
posted in the wanted section. :(
Man I've never reassembled something the wrong way and... Um ... Parts made a horrible miss and destroyed themselves...
Nope that's never!
Well except for maybe that one time when I had some bolts left over that I found later.....

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Man I've never reassembled something the wrong way and... Um ... Parts made a horrible miss and destroyed themselves...
Nope that's never!
Well except for maybe that one time when I had some bolts left over that I found later.....
This mess was caused by one of the past military mechanics, I can’t take credit for it. I was simply pulling an axle and a washer was
between the end of the axle and the outer hub. Pulled the hub and found the problem. The outer gear would probably be ok, (light pitting thru the hardened surface). And could cut a deeper groove for the snap ring on the axle. But I would rather get some parts.
Side note, the hubs were always cool and consistent with each other??? I think the damage was done some time ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks