• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 questions

StefanGermany

Hello,
I'm new here and from germany.
I am now also the proud owner of an M1078.
And I need help from you.
Does anyone have manuals for me?

The further a question. My windshield is very scratched. I want to change it. But what is the length and width?
Is this the same as the MAN L2000 or steyr 12M18?

Desperation for my bad english.

Best regarts
Stefan

Last edited:

coachgeo

Windshield- Iffff...... it is similar to either of those it would the Steyr 1218 for that was the cab it was modeled after.

what year 1078? There are all the manuals on this website for the A0 (first generation models). Later models went to software manuals and there are only bits and pieces of those out there. To get manuals go back to the front page of this website. Top item about "Technical manuals" (called TM's often) Go to the "Present Vehicles" section. Search in there.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stefan congrats on the new to you 1078, great trucks BUT with that said arent you supposed to be driving a UNIMOG?? OK its ok I just love Unimogs!
Karl

StefanGermany

Hello,
Unimog is also good, but the M1078 is better for what I want to do.
The tip above was gold. I have the manuels.

But I'm still looking for a windshield.
I have found some in USA but the problem is the shipping.
Better I am looking for a comparable but I need the exact measurements.

best regards
Stefan

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stewart and Stevenson imported the cabs from Steyr so you should be able to find one in your area. Any large truck wrecking yards around? Probably cheaper than getting one directly from a Steyr dealer.

sargentwolf

On a side note, if you can find a source there for the door handles...let me know....need a drivers door handle.

Congrats on joining the club!

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in cab parts also if you can find any over there !! I have tried contacting some Steyr dealers but no luck yet! Welcome to the LMTV club!

StefanGermany

Hi Guys,
thank you. I am lucky that one of the best Steyr workshops is near me. I could find so much already. The windscreen from the Steyr or the MAN L2000 or from the Man L90 also fit with LMTV. They are the same. Thus, the new disk costs me very little. Just 165 €. My LMTV is still in the workshop. The light has yet to be changed. It should be amended to German regulations. So that the here gets an admission. Totally crazy, the US Army is driving him here on the streets. Typical German.

Best greeting
Stefan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks