• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Squealing problem

markgjsquires

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all. Have a strange problem with my M1078 and would like suggestions. I have a squealing noise coming from what best I can guess is my passenger side under acceleration. It doesn’t start until it gets into 4th gear and Continues up through 7th. It only shows up somewhere around 3/4 throttle and up while it’s under half to full load. If I let off at higher speeds and maintain around 40mph it goes away. But once I get into the throttle again it’s right there. Belt tension is good. Fluids are good. I rerouted my exhaust thinking perhaps it was air escaping from a clamp that wasn’t seating properly but I have removed every section of exhaust I had altered with no change. It’s a similar squeal to that of a loose alternator belt. But in my experiences typically alternators squeal upon startup right through. It doesn’t lack for power. And everything feels same as it did since I’ve had the truck. Only think I haven’t done is to Pick up the front wheels to make sure it’s not some kind of a bearing hum. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I didn’t have time today but I’ll get a video of it tomorrow with sound to see what you might think. Thanks

Third From Texas

Is it a subtle squeal like Miss Piggy or a full-on squeal like from Deliverance? Or like a Oregon protester noise (sorta a combination of the two)?

Seriously, can you have someone else drive it while you sit on the passenger side (record it if need be) and determine if it's mechanical or air. Because from that side you should be albe to tell. The two are pretty different sounds...

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

markgjsquires

Steel Soldiers Supporter
to your comparisons. I’ve never seen deliverance but It’s a full on squeal. Not sure what it sounds like outside but it’s loud inside. I will check turbo to intercooler clamps in the morning. I did notice that the cab would bump those when raising/lowering because my cab mount bushings were bad. Got those replaced last week. Will let everyone know how I make out. Thanks

Third From Texas

to your comparisons. I’ve never seen deliverance but It’s a full on squeal. Not sure what it sounds like outside but it’s loud inside. I will check turbo to intercooler clamps in the morning. I did notice that the cab would bump those when raising/lowering because my cab mount bushings were bad. Got those replaced last week. Will let everyone know how I make out. Thanks

Everyone that goes camping should see Deliverance.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks