• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 truck pull with video

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Just got back from the Orange CT country fair truck pull. The M1078 really performed. I was surprised I didn't think it was as capable as it is. I pulled 31k lbs of concrete on a sled on dirt and I could have done more. That was all the weight they have at the pull. To all the lmtv haters out there I saw a M35A2 try the same pull 2 years ago and it went nowhere but nose up. I did the same pull 2 years ago with my M931A2 with the fuel turned up and the M1078 pulled just as well with only 4x4. I pulled in 1st gear which is the low range. Mode on arrow down to 1.
http://youtu.be/Cz1_eECID0I

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice!!!! That truck pulled that weight very well and you kept RPMs well in the safe zone, I think I am a little impressed!!!
Thanks for posting
Karl

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I was very surprised the truck was that capable. I have not turned up the fuel or done any mods other than leds and rev cam. I used a tow strap between the shackles for a hook point.
towstrap.jpg

MaiNiaK

Very nice.!! Glad to see the truck pulls so well.

i have been planning to enter mine in the truck pulls this week in Farmongton, ME.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had the trans in "mode on" and the tire pressure in cross county mode. Every time you go into neutral or reverse, when you go back into drive to pull you have to re-select low range by pressing the arrow down button until the right number is a 1.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I asked the Durham fair which is next week they said it was too heavy. Everything around me has a 8 or 10 k limit. I could try the humvee I dont think it will do much though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Same thing I did when I pulled my M931A2. The strap is a bit lower than the pintle it meets the height requirement. I was going to do a big shackle locked into the pintle but the strap worked well. I don't know what the pintle can handle compared to the two shackles.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have hella h4 housings with silverstars in the headlights and some cheapie LED lights in the lower holes on a relay that come on automatically with the headlights. I used an inexpensive cam setup it's a mobile home version with a long cable. I plan on doing a radio and some other stuff soon.

MaiNiaK

Talked with the guy that's in charge of the truck pull at the Farmington fair. He told me my trucks to big, they won't let me play..!! (Not even just for fun)

Guess I could go up the mountain and pull some logs down for fire wood. (Roots and all)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The Berlin CT fair is in 2 weeks they have an unlimited 4x4 class it says 10k though. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. If they will allow it maybe a few other members will show up. I would pull the humvee I just dont see it being impressive.