• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078a1p2 electrical problem

SailBoat

Brought said truck in to do a service on it and now everytime you cut any of the lights on ( Ser. Drive, blackout lights, etc) the wipers come on. It also runs the wipers when you press the air horn button. Everything looks and checks out good from the switches and relays. I can’t just pin point the short if it is one. Hopefully someone has had the same problem.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can sort-of disassemble the end of the turn signal stalk - where the washer function sleeve is. Pull that off and inspect the contacts...... you probably need to replace it. Does the horn and washer function work? Welcome to German plastic truck controls..... 🙄

SailBoat

You can sort-of disassemble the end of the turn signal stalk - where the washer function sleeve is. Pull that off and inspect the contacts...... you probably need to replace it. Does the horn and washer function work? Welcome to German plastic truck controls..... 🙄
Checked the contacts nothing looked corroded and there making contact. I also actually replaced it with a known good same with the main headlight switch and little disruption box and still have the same problem. I’m thinking the wire might be chewed up behind the hvac box. And the washer works but the horn activates the wipers even with the good switch. And oh I know I’d much rather take a torch to it 😂

NotThatGuy

Brought said truck in to do a service on it and now everytime you cut any of the lights on ( Ser. Drive, blackout lights, etc) the wipers come on. It also runs the wipers when you press the air horn button. Everything looks and checks out good from the switches and relays. I can’t just pin point the short if it is one. Hopefully someone has had the same problem.
I suspect a possible BAD GROUND CONNECTION somewhere.

when you cycle a DC Item and a different and isolated circuit activates it means that the Ground Return on Circuit #1 is faulty and sought out the nearest/Easyest pathwat to Ground to complete the circuit.

Note: Even when a DC connection appears good anf tight microscopic corrosion can cause an impedence enough to inturrupt/break the connection.

If you don’t know how to meter out and trace DC Circuits i
Id recommen the following.

1) Clean and instal dielectric grease all Battery Grounds and connections.
2) Clean and install dielectric grease at all Ground connections at the fuse panel.
3) Clean and install dielectric grease at all electrical connection in the circuits that are malfunctioning.
4) Charge and Load Test all Batteries.
5) Inspect and Load Test
Charging System.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes - possible ground is another good call - check the one that's on the same part of the harness as the washer fluid pump. That one is involved in the headlight circuit. It's inside the driver's step on the older trucks - not entirely positive where it's at on the A1P2 without looking at one but I can't imagine it's far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks