• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 Power Question

Bowmanvolfire

Hello Forum:

We are hoping to pick up our M1079 on Tuesday. We have not had a chance to get into the weeds with it, but, have had a question that has come up. What provides the power to the box? Does the power come from the truck itself and is there an inverter that converts the power to 12 volt in the outlets that are on the walls.

Sorry for what might be a real basic question. If anyone can point us to M1079 specific manuals that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you.

John
BCVFD

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck provides power for small lights in the box (emergency lights) and for the marker/clearance lights on the outside of the box. There is also an air circulation fan that is powered from the truck I think. The overhead fluorescent lights and the 120v outlets are wired into the breaker panel, which is fed from the power inlet on the outside of the box. The connection from the box to the rest of the truck is through a plug on the front of the box on the driver's side. There isn't a separate TM that I know of, but the TM does cover M1079 items. Those with running M1079's can help answer questions...I just have the van enclosure for now :)

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oxy:

Thanks for the reply. So just to clarify, the majority of the power for the box needs to come into the box from an outside power source, like a stand alone generator?

John
That is correct. There is a large inlet connector on the passenger side towards the bottom rear of the van enclosure. There's actually an inlet and an outlet so the van enclosure could be daisy chained with others or other equipment. It's a large cannon style plug that is expensive to buy unless you can find a deal. The breaker panel inside is a 3-phase panel, since a lot of (most?) military generators output 3-phase power. I think the heat/AC unit that is made to mount in the front is 3-phase also.

Bowmanvolfire

Oxy:

We have a military diesel generator (two soldier lift size) hopefully that will work to power up the box. Otherwise we may have some rewiring to do.

I hope some folks that have the M1079 will chime in with what they did to put power on the box.

Thanks again for the reply.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks