• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079a1 start issue

Union5

AGM batteries that are badly discharged or sulfated will need weeks of pounding by an AGM charger. Then they will be good as new. Several threads on this.
Would just running the truck for a while give them a good enough charge? The gauges show the alternator is working. I've never had an issue before and the truck is run once a week for an hour. The ABS light is tied to the lack of battery power on start up?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would just running the truck for a while give them a good enough charge? The gauges show the alternator is working. I've never had an issue before and the truck is run once a week for an hour. The ABS light is tied to the lack of battery power on start up?
Your own experience here says no. There are $2k worth of batteries sitting in that box, to me it is worth a $100 charger to keep them alive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks