• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M108 blew up/recovery(fixed)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it fired up. Likes to stall at idle when you let out the clutch. Runs a lot better if you have fuel in the tank. Turned up the fuel, at 1000° it feels like it has the same power as the old engine did at 1150°. Need to adjust the clutch a little. I will drive it like it is for a while, and throw seafoam in the tank.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3rd engine since I have had it. Hopefully the last.the gas engine for it ran good, but every gasket and seal was shot on it.
GA rally is in the back of my head, but I don't think it will happen. I will drive it to the marango show this weekend, see how it does.

eagle4g63

Started reading this and thought what the heck.....blew up the new motor you got at Haspin this year?!?!?! then noticed this started LAST yearaua sometimes I have to wonder about myself!!!

Anyway.. is THIS motor the one you picked up this year? Glad to see the truck running.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, this is the engine from Haspin, big thanks to Adam for getting it to me.

Drove it a little more, and tuned the pyro in some. Feels pretty smooth and strong, see how it runs on the way to Marango. Idle problem fixed itself. But the speedometer quit on it, one more thing to fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks