• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m108

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, the Steel Soldiers M108 group is really growing. We now have Dennis, Rizzo, Andy Bell, Me and who else?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well gang, Stretch only had one recovery day. I also picked up a deuce on Thursday, so I was a little extra tired. Dennis's pics show everything that I could have taken and more. It was a good trip, nothing major bad went down and rthe truck kept a pretty good pace. Time for breakfast!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's ALIVE!

Plumbed up a gas can to the fuel pump, and fired it up! Crane runs in all directions. Engine has a miss to it, but runs decent. Have a bad hose, leaks when lowering the boom. If I shut off the crane and then lower, it doesn't leak.

Got some pics of the block and ball that came with it. Is this the right block? I have a second one in the garage.

Gimpy! It's nice out today!

Dennis

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dennis, that is a correct deuce snatch block but it's not the block for the hoist to use a 2 part line. I'll post a pic of the correct block when I get home. Congrats on getting it running. Very useful tool they are. Steve, I used ramps from the back tires to the ground and backed it off. 2nd time I've done it. First time it was on blocks. I've got pics, I'll post them when I get home.

edit; here are some pics of one unload Steve

Attachments