• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1081 all external lighting out

willray

Greetings denizens of Steel Soldiers,

Newbie to the M1081 with what I hope is an easy question for you experts: I just acquired a M1081 in seemingly decent operating condition, with the most outstanding exception being that none of the lighting external to the cab is operational. I've got instrument-panel illumination (which if I am reading things correctly, means that I'm not completely lacking the 12v supply), but running lights, head-lights, turn signals, etc, are all non-operational.

This seems likely to be caused by a single central fault, but it's going to take me a long time to dig through the schematic and TM and make sense of what I'm seeing (as an aside, if anyone has a coherent explanation for why the schematic was drafted with maliciously byzantine layouts for things like the series-parallel battery connections, I'd love to hear it), so I am wondering if your collective wisdom could point me to the most likely diagnostic points.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Will Ray

willray

First things first- do you have the 3lever switch in the correct locations for the operation you are wanting?

And I should have clarified - I /believe/ I have tried every combination of positions on the main light switch panel, and have identical (lack of) result on the exterior lighting, regardless of where the main selector and auxiliary levers are positioned. I /do/ get panel dimming control when the aux lever is in the "PANEL BRT" position.

willray

And a further clarification detail: Neither turn-signal indicator lamps, not the high-beam lamp illuminate in the lighted indicator display, regardless of attempts to operate the turn-signals/headlights/emergency flashers/etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks