• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1081 Dash Light Doesn't Work

Phoenix77

I have a 1994 M1081 that works great, though the illumination for the gauges on the dash doesn't work.

Yes, I have turn the illumination dimmer all the way up, and no, this is not for the warning indicators, it is for the analog gauges.

Any idea where to find the bulb in the dash and where to get a replacement?

Thanks.

B-Dog

I have a 1994 M1081 that works great, though the illumination for the gauges on the dash doesn't work.

Yes, I have turn the illumination dimmer all the way up, and no, this is not for the warning indicators, it is for the analog gauges.

Any idea where to find the bulb in the dash and where to get a replacement?

Thanks.

Each device has it's own LED so if none of them are working, it's likely a main power/ground disconnect. 12v power comes from the light switch, through the dimmer and then jumpers from 1 led to the next through a couple dozen LEDs all wired in parallel, wire 1908 (+12v).
Same is true for ground, wire 3020 (gnd).
With the lights on, check to make sure you have 12v power at the light switch (pin B) or dimmer on wire 1542, same thing, just check whichever is easier to access. Then check the output of the dimmer switch, wire

1622727626273.png

Ronmar

There are actually 2 dimmers. One is part of the 3 lever switch(lower left lever), then it feeds the rotary dimmer. The rotary dimmer is probably bad. You can bypass it easy enough, just unplug it and put a jumper in the plug to test...

Mine was dead, I haven't replaced it yet and have just been using the dimmer in the main light switch as I plan on re-configuring the light switch control...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks