• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 Trailer Help/knowledge

1euro2c

I am picking up a M1082 Trailer with my LMTV. What trailer plug wiring? What air lines? Any help/assistance would be appreciated. Part numbers or cross reference. Or if you have the parts for sale.

coachgeo

pulled an old US military trailer with my old dieselized Unimog 404 without the air attached. my load was very light. Your total load will be even lighter. if your hoses are bad or.... and with trailer unloaded..... your LMTV may not even feel it back there on pull or stop. Now do ou need the air to keep brakes unlocked.. that I don't know.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see if I can get you some pics tomorrow.

Going from memory, I want to say standard 12pin connectors. I think I have one if you need it. Let me know and I'll dig around.

The gladhands and hoses are readily available for about $75/pr. As stated above, they should be on the trailer. I have some if not...

If the airlines are missing from yours, likely there's other issues with tje air system as well. Are you familiar with caging brakes? This is a quick fix to get it home, but is likely illegal...

lindsey97

This series of trailer has a box on it that will accept a military 12 pin plug, or a civvy standard 7 pin plug. And the LED lights will work with 12 volt or 24 volt.

My trailer was delivered to me with the brakes caged, and is still that way due to the seller in Maryland not disclosing the missing air lines. All 4 brake chambers are caged.
The air lines are just standard red/blue 1/2" air line coiled up with a glad hand on each end. Available at most truck stops. Also you can purchase the cage bolts at NAPA, and they require a 3/4" wrench. You can purchase a civvy 7 pin inter vehicular cable at a truck stop, they are usually green, and have a plug on each end already installed. Be sure and take tools with you, you may need something to turn the jack handle with in case it is missing.

Please be sure and choose the appropriate sized vehicle to tow this trailer home, it weighs 7310 lbs. empty. Also take some zip ties, bungee cords and some small rope with you. These trailer have a ladder storage with a pin that fails to keep the ladder secured during transport. Tie it down good and you will still have a ladder when you get home............

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not familiar with that trailer but can't help thinking that its not setup with the standard military plugs & that it takes a standard Inter-vehicle pigtail. It should have one, but you can't tell.

1euro2c

Thank you everyone for the help. I have it figured out now. The LMTV has both 7 and 12 pin and so does the trailer. I will pick up a male X male 7 pin pig tail once I get to Colorado. The air hoses are on the trailer and are said to be good. I know how to cage the air brakes and the trailer is coming with the bolts to cage if the need arrises. Again my deepest appreciation for the direction.