• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 - Brake Question/issue

bob61

Hello my name is Bob Eaton I recently purchased a 1998 Stewert and Stevenson truck tractor 1088, with a cat 3126 motor and Allison auto transmission, it had been released from a military base, I am trying to get it going the brake pedal assembly is missing and I am assuming the brake valve ? ot maybe its part of the pedal assembly ? it is mounted up under the dash the air lines look to be all there and intact I have been looking online for information on these vehicles but not having much luck and a manufacturer of brake parts that supplies the military told me to look this site up so here I am .... if anyone can help me with a part number and maybe a description ? also the the switch box is missing to .. it is just to the right of the steering column .. really wanting to see if I can get this thing going if anyone can help please let me know thank you in advance

coachgeo

I'll soon have all the links to the MTV manuals up as well (6x6). If not downloaded to this site. All the LMTV manuals are already on this site. See the Technical Manuals forum.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Hello, Haldex Brake Products Corp, how may I direct your call?" "Oh, you have one of THOSE, we can't help you, there is a website "Steelsoldiers" with a bunch of crazy hobbyists that can though . . . ".

We have seen that the military has had a hard time fixing the brake systems on these trucks. Lots of times, soldiers will start taking things apart without the guidance of the technical manuals, and then give up and send the truck to surplus. I would replace the brake pedal assembly and see what the state of the system is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks