• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 Cab Lock squirts fluid

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to tilt the cab to show off the motor and the cab lock started squirting fluid... is there a. rebuild kit for these?

20210205_141359.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhh... I'm not very good at searching with the proper terms...

Thanks a bunch!

Chris

JD4044M

Got the nut off the Latch today. Found the seal that blew it is the smaller inside O-Ring. It is missing pieces on the O-Ring had to take a picture inside it to see. I can see the hydraulic fill orifice to make it work. The fluid was coming out where I could not see the source till now. It was not coming out the nut by the pin. Big O-Ring sealed OK I think it is new looking may be why the Military sold the truck latch sticking? Now need to remove the inside parts left with a curved pick and put the new one in. That piece is from the outside wiper dust seal the pin goes thru. I took a few pictures of the progress. Need to clean the parts better but test fitted the O-Rings except the inside one.DSCF6443.JPGDSCF6446.JPGDSCF6449.JPG

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the kit and removed mine completely from the truck. Spent time cleaning and inspecting it.. its worth the effort to really clean it well. Also purged some fluid through the lines to get gunk out.

Don't forget to pre coat everything with fluid when you put it back together.

Chris

JD4044M

Had to burn the Hydraulic Fluid off the Exhaust Pipe so I went for a drive! Still have to have fun too with the truck! Just took a 10 mile drive around our Loop Road. We still have some trees left after the Wildfire went thru here Sept 7th 2020. 19 years after the last big one went thru. Both time real scary we stayed to save the animals and our place. Work to hard to go to town and wonder?? My Daughter had all the new Fence put in after the fire. Last 3 pictures are of our place.DSCF6459.JPGDSCF6461.JPGDSCF6470.JPGDSCF6471.JPGDSCF6476.JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Had to burn the Hydraulic Fluid off the Exhaust Pipe so I went for a drive! Still have to have fun too with the truck! Just took a 10 mile drive around our Loop Road. We still have some trees left after the Wildfire went thru here Sept 7th 2020. 19 years after the last big one went thru. Both time real scary we stayed to save the animals and our place. Work to hard to go to town and wonder?? My Daughter had all the new Fence put in after the fire. Last 3 pictures are of our place.View attachment 831425View attachment 831426View attachment 831427View attachment 831428View attachment 831429
I love that place... Looks so peaceful. Bet it isn't when a fire is running up that hill, but otherwise nice!

Definitely have to go for a spin around the block every now and again.
Loop Road sounds like good spot. Long enough to go for a ride, short enough that home isn't too far away.
Good all around!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now I need to get all the Hydraulic Fluid off the back of my Cab and Frame. Any ideas that work and not screw with the paint?
Could be that Joy dish soap would work.
If it works getting oil off ducks, maybe it would get oil off a big green truck. :cool:

Maybe a weed sprayer mixed with hot water to load up the back of the truck,
then spray it with a hose? Less chance of attacking the paint maybe?

JD4044M

Thanks, OK Dawn Dish Soap first, Hot Water and my pressure washer in rinse mode tip since it is a 3800 PSI one! I will try some engine degreaser on the frame stuff in the middle of the truck below the latch and pump. Going for another drive but picking up a Dad and a couple young kids and take them too.

JD4044M

Took a bunch of kids for a slow 18 mile drive today. They were inside the Cab and 2 Adults in the back. They had big time fun riding on dirt roads. Went and picked them up at there camp site. 6 of us total just driving around off regular roads. The Kids were saying wow this is the biggest military truck they ever road in!! It was the only one they have been in. I went slow and we drove on privet drives one I fixed. The owner said he wants to buy my truck if all go well in a few weeks? There whole place burned down but were well insured! Kids are sure different now days when you have 4 in the cab with you all asking questions and one telling me you can talk but keep your eyes on the road??DSCF6484.JPGDSCF6485.JPGDSCF6481.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks