• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 Cab went up, now won't come all the way down

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull hoses off of cylinder just make sure your way under truck.
If still won't come down the cylinder is locked.

GreyEnvy

Mine started hanging up last week. The cab is hitting the cab support bar. I used a long pry-bar to nudge the support bar backwards out of the way.

I wonder if I have an airbag failure? I don't think it was this floppy before.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My support bar that holds the back of the cab flops towards the engine too close and goes over the ramp the seats it into place I'm not sure if something is out of adjustment or if they're supposed to be a strap that contains it but anyway I've used bungee cords wrapping around the tire rack and going to that

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My support bar that holds the back of the cab flops towards the engine too close and goes over the ramp the seats it into place I'm not sure if something is out of adjustment or if they're supposed to be a strap that contains it but anyway I've used bungee cords wrapping around the tire rack and going to that

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

This sounds like the problem I had with mine, it was related to lowering the cab with the cab air leveling system engaged. I always raise and lower the cab with the air ride bags deflated and I haven't had the problem again.

Ronmar

There are internal shocks in the air bags that should keep things mostly inline either inflated or deflated, and limit overall travel. Mine works fine inflated or deflated, so I would say you have a deeper problem, or they are not installed correctly. The shock is attached into its base flange by a single bolt and bushing. If that is loose it will allow the whole assembly to tilt. The top of the shock is attached by a cross pin. If that upper bushing/pin is trash, it will pivot at the top. If you raise the cab and move the arch, you should be able to see where it is pivoting(top or bottom of shock) if you get up there and pull up and down onthe arch you should feel only smooth shock response, and no free-play/slop/clunking…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks