M1088 camper conversion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am floored with my progress!!

Thinking about a side hustle renting it out as a mobile dance hall. It's HUGE!

The punchlist before we can "use" it:
  • panel in the back
  • seal up stairwell
  • install accordion seal or at least the camper side cover plate over the passthrough
  • make a motor/trans hatch cover

That should actually get us into the woods. With a little more time, should be able to pull that off before the end of the year.
Are you going to seal that plywood with a sealer like polureathane to seal it forever or it will be a spounge

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to seal that plywood with a sealer like polureathane...
Yes.

Truth be told, the floor is only in temporarily. It's got a dozen screws holding it in presently. I have plumbing and wiring to run, for which I've done zero planning and I know I will need to get it stuck under there. During that process, the plywood will be removed and sealed.

I've been so focused on getting a box built and paneled that I haven't thought about any of the systems layouts and such. My primary objective has been to get a box in which to validate the configuration we have chosen, so next steps will also involve mocking in the interior and giving it a try. Definitely need to start thinking about systems though, and start figuring out what components will be used and where they are going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks