• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 fuse block nightmare!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Disconnect the regulator wire and tape it off. Run a wire from the fuel solenoid positive (usually outside terminal) around the front of the motor to the front regulator lead. Leave a little slack for movement.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Truckguy, Have you hooked a VOM to any of the leads? That would tell you what is at each terminal. 12v, 24v, 110v etc. It could even tell you if its a ground.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I haven't yet. Probably should have been one of the first things I did. I will do that next. have been working on the air system. (I have trouble focusing on one thing at a time) Does anyone that has one of these give me a good map of the flasher system wiring? I want to make sure I have it right before I fry something, and I cant find anything useful online.
I think I should buy a new flasher unit also, because given the mount of damage done by the melted wires, it is likely fried. Everything seems fine in the multi function switch. If anyone has a flasher unit, let me know.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, tested the terminals with the volt meter. ignition off, 12 volt terminal shows 12.4. 24 volt terminal shows 24.5. The E terminal had only 9 volts, and ended up having a break in the terminal lug. Replaced the wire, and over tightened the bolt. the stud twisted a little inside the red plastic. Not sure if I twisted the wire off inside or not. The F- terminal with no wire attached showed no voltage.
When I started the truck, the lights were still pulsing as was the voltmeter. The 12 volt terminal showed 14.5, 24 volt terminal showed 28.5, E terminal showed 28 volts, and the F- terminal had 27.5 and was fluctuating. pretty sure the F- terminal is not supposed to have a poitive voltage. according to the niehoff website, it is supposed to be a negative terminal. I belive I may have shorted it out when I accidentally hooked up the wire to it. The wire I accidentally hooked to it, showed no voltage, running or off.
Anyone know of a way to bench test this regulator to see if I screwed it up or not? I took it off the truck, and I am not putting it back on until I know its good. I don't want to fry the alternator too. Also, does anyone have a 200 amp dual voltage regulator they want to part with?

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, here is an update. The alternator voltage has calmed down on its own, and I still have no turn signals after replacing the flash controller. I have just now finally found the wire schematics for the entire truck though. It is in TM 9-2320-366-10-1. All the way at the end. I will update again after I use the wire diagram to repair the wire that is missing!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Black plastic box under dash. Cover comes off. Make sure the bottom left lever of the light switch isnt all the way down. Thats park mode.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I located the black plastic box, and it looks like a terminal junction box like you would find on a commercial trailer. I hooked my volt meter to all the posts, and none of them had any voltage. Two of them had a wire connecting the terminals with what looks like a resistor. I also took the turn signal switch out to see if there were any obvious problems.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Maybe a relay or breaker in your dash panel. Bad light switch. Could be multiple issues seen that before. At this point I would start the manual troubleshooting flow charts and see where it leads you.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK. I kinda feel like an idiot. My hazard switch is missing. I didn't notice because private Pyle was kind enough to replace it with a plastic dummy plate. sooooo, anybody have an extra hazard switch they would like to part with? LOL! hope that solves the turn signal problem. Now all that is left is to figure out why I only have a pass. side brake light and no driver side brake light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks