• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 CAT C7 starter went out in Ann Arbor, MI - already towed to safety.

Cgray

Anyone have a starter for a C7 close to Ann Arbor Michigan?

I am sitting on the side of the road and need to either find a starter or be towed from this location.

Let me know as I have already disassembled the starter and found that it needs a new spindle and bearing on end.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, It appears the closest CAT service place is
24800 Novi Rd.
Novi, MI 48375
248 349-4800
I hope you get it sorted and back underway!

Cgray

FWIW, It appears the closest CAT service place is
24800 Novi Rd.
Novi, MI 48375
248 349-4800
I hope you get it sorted and back underway!
they want $1100 fora starter and not even sure it will work on this unit.

I have them the serial number and he said it was shipped without starter and therefore doesn’t know what to do.

I asked if any CAT24v starter for the C7 would work and he said no.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy I would buy that if it fits just for a spare after the guy quoted $1100.00 for one!
It's the closest used one I could find..about 220 miles from you. I was thinking, grab a rental, drive down, get it and plunk it in, if everything else fails. Not trying to be armchair quarterback. You are in the heat of the action.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Inquiring minds want to know how you ended up on the side of the road with a bad starter?

Being that normally one only shuts down a truck for the night for camping or in a parking lot getting fuel, etc.

Mods : 74m35a2 went to the rescue and it has been towed to safety.

74M35A2

Towed him, his family, and all their stuff to safety. When I pulled up and saw a 43’ tri-axle 18,000 pound trailer on his truck, I was like, really? Tow bar was not complete. Then a family peeks their heads out the windows, and I said it looks like this needs to happen. We strapped it and got it done. The ole 9 ball was able to reach up to 40-45mph pulling all this goodness. 43,000 total tow load. Went safe and no issues. He was a great driver, never hit me. ;)

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Towed him, his family, and all their stuff to safety. When I pulled up and saw a 43’ tri-axle 18,000 pound trailer on his truck, I was like, really? Tow bar was not complete. Then a family peeks their heads out the windows, and I said it looks like this needs to happen. We strapped it and got it done. The ole 9 ball was able to reach up to 40-45mph pulling all this goodness. 43,000 total tow load. Went safe and no issues. He was a great driver, never hit me. ;)
That your truck that put all those oil spots all over the front of his ?

Cgray

A little late, but I have a towbar just south of ann arbor.
Thank you for the offer. We made it to the TA fuel station and parked. Thankfully two amazing gentlemen stopped by and helped us out.

Clint “74m35a2” stopped by with his truck and saved the day.

I will do a full write up with pics in the morning.

On another note, I am going to be here until tomorrow fixing this starter. I also travel through twice a month with the truck. We should schedule a meet up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks