• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Box Removal

clayne2014

i am thinking of removing the box on my '72 M109........can anyone tell me if the box must be lifted off, due to bolts, flaps, etc. or is it possible for it to be pulled off from the back? i was thinking of having it sucked onto a flatbed wrecker, and then set onto the ground.

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine also had some brackets bolted behind the front mounts on the box that guided the front of the box back down squarely when the frame flexed. They would hit the mounts on the frame rails if you did not remove them.

I've seen multiple threads where the boxes were removed by sliding them backwards though.

Opie

Whichever route you pick, consider removing or at least being gentle with the ladder storage brackets and retaining hook on the back of the van to the left side of the doors. They are often missing or mangled from these trucks, and not so easy to source.
van ladder brackets (Small).jpgLadder Bracket retaining fastener hook (#2).jpg

daytonatrbo

Whichever route you pick, consider removing or at least being gentle with the ladder storage brackets and retaining hook on the back of the van to the left side of the doors. They are often missing or mangled from these trucks, and not so easy to source.
View attachment 607350View attachment 607351
Mine are a little dinged up, but very much intact and functional. I can see how they might get wiped out though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks