• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 interior color

combat32

seems to gather light pretty well and is still sort of a tactical color, engine compartments on armored vehicles(M113, M3 Bradley) are painted the same color.

PsycoBob

My guess is a combination of factors- it's light, shows grease/oil well, and low bidder.:roll:
I'm not sure how far back it goes, but most combat vehicles seem to use this shade for interiors that aren't visible to the enemy.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a 'bright' colour for use in darker spaces like vehicle interiors where there are small or no windows, etc. Basically so you can see well inside with limited ambient light from outside, or from a limited numer of interior lights.
It replaced the white interior of US armour in the mid-60s, supposedly because it worked as well as white but wasn't quite as bright, easier on the eyes, didn't show dirt as badly but still showed things like hydraulic fluid leaks, and is somewhat easier to maintain.
I was playing with a BRDM a few days ago, their interior is dark green up to mid hull, white from there up. It was noticably not as light inside as the all-bright-painted-interior vehicles like the V100.

I recall a similar seafoam colour in the cargo area of C130s. It was a sadistic swine who made the mesh troop seats a fluorescent red. Those of you who have ridden in those planes with high density troop seating know what I mean. Looking though a couple of layers of swaying bright red webbing at a blue-green background is positively nauseating!

Cheers

Pics- BRDM interior

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawnshop

I thought it was a light reflecting thing but always wondered why that particular shade of green, I can see that shade is neutral AND light, now I know! THANKS Gunny!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks