• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Mobile Man Cave Begins

cookeemann

Bunks sanded and just need stain/sealer/mattresses.

Added a Reese trailer hitch, part # 37096 for a Ford F250, 350 or 450.
6 holes to drill and it fits like a charm.

Fridge, microwave, toaster, t.v., toilet and a generator inwork.:)

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bunks sanded and just need stain/sealer/mattresses.

Added a Reese trailer hitch, part # 37096 for a Ford F250, 350 or 450.
6 holes to drill and it fits like a charm.

Fridge, microwave, toaster, t.v., toilet and a generator inwork.:)
Nice! I like the Hitch Install, and y'all's interior work too.
BTW- Where abouts in NM are you located? Mom-in-law is in Alamogordo. Thanks.

cookeemann

I'm in Clovis. Right on the border with Tx. Spent some time in Alamogordo at Holloman AFB. One of the best kept secrets in the Air Force. Great camping in the mountains there and one of the reasons I bought the M109 - to camp up at Bluff Springs near Sunspot (Cloudcroft).:)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Clovis. Right on the border with Tx. Spent some time in Alamogordo at Holloman AFB. One of the best kept secrets in the Air Force. Great camping in the mountains there and one of the reasons I bought the M109 - to camp up at Bluff Springs near Sunspot (Cloudcroft).:)
Very cool.
I too appreciate that area for the diversity of the geography.

We once played at White Sands until it got into the 90F's around noon, then drove through Alamogordo (grabbed burgers to eat on the way up the mountain) and then continued up to Cloudcroft where we had to pull out our COATS because it was in the 40's at 1300 hrs and even had some light drizzle. Drove deep into the Lincoln National Forest as far as we could with an E350 van, parked and went exploring. Upon returning to the van, there were BEAR tracks on top of my footprints in the mud under the drivers door and bear-snot on the window where "Smokey" had checked things out. We saw snow flurries around sunset!!!

Experiencing the DESERT SUMMER in the morning and MOUNTAIN WINTER in the afternoon, and had driven less than 50 miles between the two, was a new and BEAUTIFUL thing for me.

cookeemann

All Good Things....

Sadly, I had to say farewell to the Mobile Man Cave. Moving cross country and can't physically drive it that far right now.

Found it a very good home though. Nice couple from Melrose, NM picked it up and absolutely love it!

Was a bit heartbreaking to see it roll away for the last time after all the work, but relocating to Mississippi and maybe I can score a 5 ton from Camp Shelby next time. That'd make a wicked bobber. Maybe one of those collapsible side trucks as the Mobile Man Cave II. Or a 1009, 1008 or ?..........

Stopped by to see my old bobber on the way home and the new owner's still lovin it too.
I'll miss 'em both.

Attachments

goldneagle

Sadly, I had to say farewell to the Mobile Man Cave. Moving cross country and can't physically drive it that far right now.

Found it a very good home though. Nice couple from Melrose, NM picked it up and absolutely love it!

Was a bit heartbreaking to see it roll away for the last time after all the work, but relocating to Mississippi and maybe I can score a 5 ton from Camp Shelby next time. That'd make a wicked bobber. Maybe one of those collapsible side trucks as the Mobile Man Cave II. Or a 1009, 1008 or ?..........

Stopped by to see my old bobber on the way home and the new owner's still lovin it too.
I'll miss 'em both.
We are in Slidell, LA. If you land near by give us a holler.

cookeemann

After suffering a year without a big green beast in the driveway, I gave in to the son's begging and we're back in the Deuce n' A Half game! And in God's Country no less (Georgia).
1987 Dropside at Warner Robins' Robins AFB. Where I began my military career. Waiting for the EUC now and then another recovery roadtrip. Ooorahh!our deuce.jpgdeuce 2.jpg

cookeemann

As they say, third time is a charm and today's recovery was just that. Folks at Robins AFB were great. They had even jumped ol' girl off and had it running when I got there. It had a full tank of diesel too! Did a quick inspection, couple laps around the yard, topped off the brake fluid, checked the lights, fluids and tires we started the 1.5 hour trip back to W'bury. Drove like a dream. Absolutely NO issues. Pulled some pretty big hills like they weren't even there. Sweet spot was around 55 and she reeeeeeeally wanted to give some more. Best puller out of the three I've had. 13K miles, stationed at Robins AFB in 1988 and been there ever since. Got all the mx records including two minor accident reports. Even found some blank M-16 casings in the cab corners. Picked up little man at school on the way home and he hasn't stopped smiling yet...........life is good!DSC01510.jpgDSC01520.jpgDSC01554.jpgDSC01566.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks