• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 oil pressure gauge not working

wildbill81

I purchased a 1967 M109 this weekend with a Continental multi-fuel with 172 hours on the meter overhauled back in 1990. After 2 days of wrenching and head-scratching and searching threads I got it running. The motor sounds good, but the oil pressure gauge does not come off the low peg. I certainly don't want to run it w/o pressure indication. Can anyone point me in the right direction, such as where it taps off, or common fixes?
Thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you do anything, I would remove the sending unit and screw in a gauge to make sure you actually have oil pressure.

wildbill81

Can you point me to the location of the sending unit? I want to be sure I pull the correct fitting. I have a aftermarket gauge laying around I can plumb in.

peashooter

I put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on my 109 because I was getting strange readings with the stock unit. You may want to do the same as it eliminates potential for a bad electrical sender, a bad electrical gauge or poor wire connections.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After having multiple issues with the sending unit and gauge on my M109, I switched to a manual gauge. Cheap to pick up at any auto parts store, just run the tubing thru the firewall and into the new gauge. You'll always know if you have pressure.

steelandcanvas

Can you point me to the location of the sending unit? I want to be sure I pull the correct fitting. I have a aftermarket gauge laying around I can plumb in.
Download the Deuce TM's for your trouble shooting reference. It's located on the banner, top of the page. If you still have problems, we're here to help.

wildbill81

Thanks everyone. I picked up a mech gauge and had 25psi at idle...changed the oil and filters and I'm in the 50-75psi range between 1000 and 2000 rpm. Next problem is finding out why it won't start w/o a shot of ether(I'm mixing w/ WD40 after reading some other posts).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks