• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Power Cable

jasonjc

There is another thead that list the part nuber for the plug and where to get them. They are NOT cheap. Some thing like $100-200.

Sundance

Heck:evil:, I found the thread but the link to the info doesn't work. If anybody knows where the link was directing you I would appreciate the info.
Thanks, Steve

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are looking for a crouse-hinds Arktite 60 amp two wire connector. Best price I could find last year was $175 plus S&H each, and there were four in a Memphis, TN warehouse. That is JUST the connector, no cable or connector on the other end of the cable. I think it is the APJ-6275 or the APJ-6385. Look at http://www.crouse-hinds.com/catalog/pdfs/00966to00969_00974to00975.pdf
Other manufacturers make a compatible plug/connector, but they are not any cheaper.

Having said all that, for most recreational use (IE, not running a shop with lots of motors) replacing the plug with a 30 amp RV connector would make more sense and cost a lot less.
YMMV and 2cents

m109guy

There are many posts about that power cable. The original is very hard to find, and making your own is very expensive.

I installed a 30AMP R/V power connector on my M109. Works great.

There is also a 50AMP version available.

Picture of it installed before I painted the truck.

Last edited:

Dieselsmoke

Anybody know where to find a correct power cable to supply the 120v system on the M109A3 truck?

Which one you got? They're not all the same. Some trucks have 2 pin, some 3 pin, some 4 pin, I've got one here that has an odd 6 pin connector that I've never seen before.

tsstout

I thought I just got this straight Ferro... The 2 prong high up was a 110v connector to the breakers... and the lower 2 prong was a slave connector for the 24v system... Am I still screwed up??