• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 question

A crazy question i have a chance at a M109 in good shape but was wondering if i took the shelter off the back would a standered cargo bed fit on the truck if i can get it . Would i have to make any modifications . Thanks for information Kenneth

westfolk

Kenneth,
It is a straight unbolt and bolt job. Pick the shop van body off and put the cargo bed back on. The ONLY thing that I have encountered is on some trucks the wood rails that are between the shop body and the truck frame ARE thicker on M109's than are on M35's. You can still use them though. You may need to get longer bolts. Or get the right ones(wood rails). On one truck I did for a guy I just planed down the boards. Any questions just ask. I have done this switch about 5-6 times.

westfolk

Also, some M109's the tail lights are mounted on the body. If so you'd have to get the mounts to put them on the frame. Watch that pioneer rack when you're putting the bed back on. The spare tire mount can be a problem sometimes.

Blake

shop van body

I just took off my cargo bed and replaced it with a m109 shop van body. Direct fit. Just a major job lifting on the shop van body and setting it in the exact place (even with the help of a m816 wrecker). All bolts line up exact.