• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 rebirth into M48A2

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Mullaney - that's exactly what I had in mind. I'd be curious what the rear winch hydraulic pump specs are for the 936, I'm thinking the mid mount winch will be a 20K load max. I'm using another members research and work here on a hydraulic conversion for the front winch on his truck (Mudguppy). He did a great conversion to his truck (Cummins/NV4500 and the winch).

He found for the front 10k winch, to maintain current line speed and 10k capacity he needed 24 GPM and 2000 PSI.

Am I wrong in guessing a 20K winch with a 20K load would require a higher pressure and/or higher GPM?
Yes Sir. The thing to remember with hydraulics is that flow (GPM) controls speed more than pressure

Eaton Vickers Hydraulic Vane Pump (9M-818) NSN 4320-01-521-6943 drives the the winches on the M936. One 45000#, a 20,000# on the boom, and the front winch (on a separate pump) is a 10,000#. Engage the PTO and two are active... Engage the transmission pump and it turns on.

Another option would be Eaton vickers 11c20 pump.

Also the pump on wrecker is 2500 psi and 20 gpm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks