• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Versus M185

Opie

The vehicles are the same, the M185 designation is used when a particular set of tools/equipment are part of the truck's inventory.

Example: My truck is an M109, but has a plate in the cab stating when a equipment for "Shop set, Field Maintenance, Signal Corps" is installed, it is to be designated as an M185.

Shop Set Manual: http://www.tpub.com/content/shopequipment/TB-9-4940-548-30/0612350001.htm

Attachments

Last edited:

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I just got an M185a3 a few weeks ago. I was wondering the same thing prior to getting mine. The only difference that Ive noticed so far during my overhaul, is that the M185 has a huge additional DC plug below the AC plug. The shop van box is slightly wired differently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks