• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1095 M1082 trailer towing with a M809 series. How to integrate the brakes if M809 has the Air over Hydraulic still installed.

Superthermal

If I am going to use the stock axles on an M809 series what interface is needed to adapt air breaks into the unit for a heavy loaded trailer of the type M1095 or M1082? Anyone done this before keeping the stock breaks?

Superthermal

Yeah. No intervention required. Just connect the air to the trailer.
I had thought that the M809 series didn't have air brakes, but had an air assisted hydraulic system. The M900 series has air brakes (and all the air tanks etc... I had thought that the breaks wouldn't transfer over... but your saying that even the M809 has a air interface for a trailer already installed that will allow an air break system trailer to be towed behind an M809? Correct? Is this the connection? There seems to be two of them drivers and passengers side.1641775346861.png

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had thought that the M809 series didn't have air brakes, but had an air assisted hydraulic system. The M900 series has air brakes (and all the air tanks etc... I had thought that the breaks wouldn't transfer over... but your saying that even the M809 has a air interface for a trailer already installed that will allow an air break system trailer to be towed behind an M809? Correct? Is this the connection? There seems to be two of them drivers and passengers side.View attachment 855514
Plug and play. The air functions the same on both types of brakes. Now how quick and hard they apply by differ but they do work without modification.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the connection? There seems to be two of them drivers and passengers side.
Yes. There are two connections, one is Emergency that connects to the red hose on the trailer, one is Service that connects to the blue hose on the trailer.
Emergency is usually the one on the right rear, service left rear.

Do test them, I have seen trucks (and trailers) plumbed opposite.
The easy way to test for sure is if you turn one on and air comes out constantly (with the tanks charged) that is the emergency side. The service side will only vent air when the truck brakes are pushed.

I tow M1082s with my M813 with no problems. The M1082 hoses cross when connected, this is correct.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks