• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 won't start - acting like it is in gear.

OrangeElvis

I have been driving it pretty regularly with zero issues or symptoms. Last day to drive was Saturday and I drove it off and on all day. Today (Monday) went to start it and got nothing. "Wait" light lights up for 8 seconds on cold start, voltage needle "bounces", but get zipp from starter - no click, nothing. Batteries are new and fully charged. Diagnostics show smart box is supposedly good.

Checked cannon plugs coming off transmission underneath shifter, but haven't popped the shifter plate off yet.

I have neighborhood kids who love playing in it and I wouldn't put it past them to have been in there while I was away from home and maybe moved the shifter around or dropped something down in there, but I have cycled the shifter from P to N to D, back to P and noticed nothing unusual... Even tried starting in N with no effect.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Thunderbirds

I have been driving it pretty regularly with zero issues or symptoms. Last day to drive was Saturday and I drove it off and on all day. Today (Monday) went to start it and got nothing. "Wait" light lights up for 8 seconds on cold start, voltage needle "bounces", but get zipp from starter - no click, nothing. Batteries are new and fully charged. Diagnostics show smart box is supposedly good.

Checked cannon plugs coming off transmission underneath shifter, but haven't popped the shifter plate off yet.

I have neighborhood kids who love playing in it and I wouldn't put it past them to have been in there while I was away from home and maybe moved the shifter around or dropped something down in there, but I have cycled the shifter from P to N to D, back to P and noticed nothing unusual... Even tried starting in N with no effect.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Possibly transfer case shift knob not aligned in gear/inbetween gears? Not sure if that would make a difference....