• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 won't start - acting like it is in gear.

OrangeElvis

I have been driving it pretty regularly with zero issues or symptoms. Last day to drive was Saturday and I drove it off and on all day. Today (Monday) went to start it and got nothing. "Wait" light lights up for 8 seconds on cold start, voltage needle "bounces", but get zipp from starter - no click, nothing. Batteries are new and fully charged. Diagnostics show smart box is supposedly good.

Checked cannon plugs coming off transmission underneath shifter, but haven't popped the shifter plate off yet.

I have neighborhood kids who love playing in it and I wouldn't put it past them to have been in there while I was away from home and maybe moved the shifter around or dropped something down in there, but I have cycled the shifter from P to N to D, back to P and noticed nothing unusual... Even tried starting in N with no effect.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Thunderbirds

I have been driving it pretty regularly with zero issues or symptoms. Last day to drive was Saturday and I drove it off and on all day. Today (Monday) went to start it and got nothing. "Wait" light lights up for 8 seconds on cold start, voltage needle "bounces", but get zipp from starter - no click, nothing. Batteries are new and fully charged. Diagnostics show smart box is supposedly good.

Checked cannon plugs coming off transmission underneath shifter, but haven't popped the shifter plate off yet.

I have neighborhood kids who love playing in it and I wouldn't put it past them to have been in there while I was away from home and maybe moved the shifter around or dropped something down in there, but I have cycled the shifter from P to N to D, back to P and noticed nothing unusual... Even tried starting in N with no effect.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Possibly transfer case shift knob not aligned in gear/inbetween gears? Not sure if that would make a difference....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks