• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 Box Truck MI to OK

oubeta

I just bought a M109A3 Box Truck and I'm looking to have it hauled from MI to OK.
I have been told by a few shipping companies that it might have to be shipped on a lowboy. It's 11' tall, but the air could be let out of the 46' super singles and it would bring it down around 8" or so.
Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful!

meadowsoil@cox.net

Thanks

Zach

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the truck i think it is, driving it shouldn't be a problem.

I know of 16 inch wheels in Michigan that will fit the deuce hubs, won't clear the brakes so the fronts would need to go on dish out, that might be enough to haul it on a step deck trailer.
Need to stay under 13'6"

Last edited:

Alredneck

Banned
A lil busy at the moment but find a low profile flatbed. It will clear fine without airing down the tires. If it can wait to AUG. THen I could do it for $1.75 a loaded mile insured, unless fuel skyrockets!

phil2968

109A3 is a little slow but... you could drive it and I may be up for a road trip:cookoo::grd:
My M109 tops out at 62 mph. I wish I had driven mine from MI to FL but I did not know the truck and did not want to chance it. I had it put on a lowboy. MI bridges are low!

If the OP knows the truck is sound, drive it. Get insurance first.

jasonjc

You do not want it to sit on flat or low tires. You will be getting new one or will find out how fun blow outs are. You would be better off to remove the tires. Now i'm not sure if it would be better to sit on the brake drums or if it would be better to put blocks under the axles. Plus this would get you more than 8".

ARYankee

Where's your sense of adventure??? That is the cool part of the hobby. Buying one and then the recovery. If it is drivable, I would drive it. I'm sure the cost will be close to the same either way.

oubeta

**** my dad and I may drive it, but I'd much rather have it hauled to me :)
It does sound like fun if I didn't have to work.
If anyone wants to haul it for me email me at meadowsoil@cox.net
I might could wait til Aug 1st or so.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a M109A3 Box Truck and I'm looking to have it hauled from MI to OK.
I have been told by a few shipping companies that it might have to be shipped on a lowboy. It's 11' tall, but the air could be let out of the 46' super singles and it would bring it down around 8" or so.
Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful!

meadowsoil@cox.net

Thanks

Zach
Hello, Did you buy the truck in OSCODA, I think you did. You bought it from Chuck Golsey. FYI The Mi to OK is an easy run. with the tries you have it will go quick. Let me know if I can help. Chuck is a good man and I woulod be honored to help him.

oubeta

Yes I bought it from Chuck. He is a great guy to deal with.
Getting closer on finding a shipping company to haul it back for me.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you just fly in and drive it home, after all you need to acclimate to your new ride.

BTW, if you ever want to sell the truck I can give you a grand over what you paid chuck and just leave it here in Michigan.

MatthewH

I vote drive her back. You've got a camper out back to stay in, and there's lots of SS members along the way that would help out if you needed it. Would be a fun road trip,

Just saying,

MatthewH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks