• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 converter unit and heater

Emmett

After about 1 1/2 hours of searching this vast site I am unable to find the wiring schematic for the M109A3 converter unit and how to wire the rear fuel heater to it.
I have a rear heater but don't know where/how to connect it to the converter.

This unit has never been installed completely in a Deuce but I am sure I have all the parts minus the installation instructions....more to the point, how to wire up the converter box to include the heater switches.

Thanks for any help.
Emmett

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a set of data plates on the control boxes with schematics and operation instruction. Mine are stacked together on the panel.

rlwm211

On Jatonka's site in the Deuce TM section, there are three manuals at the bottom of the list for the older M34-35s. Included in the second one of three is the diagrams for the converter and how it connects and also how to test it.

Page 180 is where it starts but the entire section that portion is in is all about the wiring in the 109.

Older manuals not searchable but they have some information on this. I will keep digging.

edit:

In the 361 series in the TM 9-2320-361-20 page 1203 has the wiring diagram for the van body and additional information.

RL

Last edited:

Emmett

I found it...I need to get to the hangar today and will let you know....
I assume that you have the cable that was supplied with the kit that you use to plug into the DC outlet on the outside to the breaker and fuel pump.....if not, your going to have to do some wire swapping on the outside.
You will also need the 3 pin cannon plug using only one wire (25) to go to the start/run switch...
anyway, I will give the reference in an hour or two.

Emmett

OK, go on JATONKA's website look up M-35 manuals....it's TM 2320-209-2-2
page 27-4 and 27-5.
The 3 pin cannon plug mounted in the wall to the right of the converter....not the one at the top next to the 2 pin plug....is the plug to go to the fuel pump. I believe its pin C.
You take off the wire (outside) and unplug it from the circut breaker...replace it with the two wire with wire numbers 25 and 400.
let me know if you get it or I need to elaborate.....good luck. Now I just need to get my NOS heater to fire up:(

Emmett

Sorry, you also need another cannon plug for the interrior plug...mabye use the one removed from the outside and run pin C to the run/start switch at #26. when in doubt, the numbers of the switch are printed on the back side of the converter box.

Darwin T

OK, go on JATONKA's website look up M-35 manuals....it's TM 2320-209-2-2
page 27-4 and 27-5.
The 3 pin cannon plug mounted in the wall to the right of the converter....not the one at the top next to the 2 pin plug....is the plug to go to the fuel pump. I believe its pin C.
You take off the wire (outside) and unplug it from the circut breaker...replace it with the two wire with wire numbers 25 and 400.
let me know if you get it or I need to elaborate.....good luck. Now I just need to get my NOS heater to fire up:(

thanks Emmett

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks